The following forms and resources are available for use by programs involving minors.
A list of key definitions for to assist individuals in their work with minors is available here.
- Youth Protection Program Overview (pdf)
- Youth Protection Program Overview (ppt)
- Youth Program Planning: A Guide for Program Administrators
- Youth Program Planning Checklist: Virtual Programs
- Youth Program Planning Checklist: In-Person Programs
- Best Practices When Working with Minors
- Agreement to Standards of Conduct
- Liability Waiver and Release: Virtual Programs (includes media release)*
- Liability Waiver and Release: Non-Residential In-Person Programs (includes media and COVID-19 release)*
- Liability Waiver and Release: Residential In-Person Programs (includes media and COVID-19 release)*
- Group Program Acknowledgement of Responsibility
- Medical History and Treatment Authorization*
- Pick up Authorization Form
- Policy on Minors in Laboratories
- Hazard Acknowledgement Form-for use with Policy on Minors in Laboratories
- Minors HIPPA Confidentiality Agreement
*Any changes made to the language on these forms needs to be approved by the Office of General Counsel.
Best Practices for Form Collection
Programs should have a system in place to collect, retain, and dispose of minor’s information and any forms collected for a minor’s participation in a program. Forms that require a signature or release of rights should be collected via fax, email, or mail. If collected electronically, pdf is the preferred file type. Jpeg or png file types are strongly discouraged. Pdf e-signatures are not acceptable. The recommendation is that the signature be a hard signature.
DocuSign enables faculty, staff, and students at WashU to easily collect eSignatures on documents. For details on DocuSign, please visit the WashU IT website.